Argolic Environment Foundation is seeking an Executive Director
- Location: Home/remote working with frequent travel in the region required
- Hours: Consultancy contract for approx. 4 days a week, equivalent €30-35k pro-rata depending on experience
- Start date: December 2023
The AEF was established in 2021 to help the communities of the Argolic Gulf protect and regenerate marine and terrestrial ecosystems and improve the relationship between humans and nature.
We work with local partners to fund, develop and implement practical solutions to the region’s most pressing environmental issues. We believe that environmental sustainability and economic development go hand in hand.
The right candidate for this role will be:
- Pro-active and highly organised with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Capable of engaging a broad range of stakeholders with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in Greek and English.
- Familiar with the region’s key local stakeholders and of the national NGO landscape.
Experience of working in the conservation sector or environmental sciences is desirable, but not essential.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Identify projects that match the environmental and restoration goals outlined in the scoping studies and strategy review of the AEF.
- Encourage these projects to apply for grants and oversee the process of selection by the steering committee twice a year.
- Carry out regular mapping, outreach and partnership development with local NGOs and stakeholders.
- Expand AEF to incorporate the Saronic islands and waters.
- Lead grant making, fundraising, communications, and financial operations of the Foundation.
How to apply:
- Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th November 2023.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to send a three-minute selfie video introducing themselves and their experience, as well as describing why they are a match for this job.
- In-person interviews will take place thereafter.
Further detail of AEF Director’s responsibilities on the PDF below